Skip to main content

My Week

Joining other ladies at Suscipio for {CWA}.

Moments of Gratitude
Last Saturday, we visited my father-in-law's grave. We said the Holy Rosary there. It was so serene, with the sun setting, the flowers in his grave and the nearby graves still fresh from All Souls' Day, and candles lending some light in the spreading darkness. It was a Communion-of-Saints experience, and I am truly thankful. 


Beauty in the Ordinary
We heard Sunday Mass in an old Dominican Church. As with any old church, the pews are wooden, solid, stable, heavy, and shiny from use and constant wiping. Sometimes you could even smell the wood. If the pews could talk, what stories of the faithful do you think would they tell?


From the Kitchen
No progress in my plan to bake again. I should be more resolute...


Praying
~ For children who cannot go to school because of poverty, and for children who go to school but take that blessing for granted.
~ For teachers, that they may treat their students like they are their own children.
~ For my own children, that they may realize that their current duties as students is connected to their vocation later in  life.
~ For people who have nobody to pray for them.

Pondering
... on a doable cleaning schedule for November so we can decorate a clean house come first week of December! I am so inspired by this focused and organized lady from Clover Lane.


Reading
~ The Catechism of the Catholic Church, little by little each day during the Year of Faith. A thought inspired by my readings: I would love to go through each and every footnote in the Catechism,  but I don't have the time or the capacity to understand most of them. But is it not awesome what the plentiful use of these footnotes mean? That the Catechism, Bible, Tradition, and writings of the saints, and papal documents are so tightly threaded together!

A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot. A thought inspired by the book: in my quest for an orderly household and family activities, I should never lose sight of the goal. The goal is not order, cleanliness, and efficiency by themselves. The goal is to please God.

Memorizing
The Magnificat.

Captured


Saint Joseph making sure that we stay within speed limits

This post was originally linked with the Catholic Woman's Almanac, a Monday online linking activity started by Jenny who now blogs at The Littlest Way.

Comments

  1. I love St Joseph watching your speed! Oh if the pews could talk! You are so right. It is a very stable thought to know that we belong to such history: old pews, the Communion of Saints, all the Tradition that flows throughout the history of the Church to make Her who and what She is today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful wrap-up! Thank you for the affirmation. Indeed, we are blessed with such a rich faith.

      Delete
  2. I love your gratitude and praying section. The cemetery IS a very peaceful place to pray, isn't it? Blessing to you this week, and thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - even if it feels a bit lonely because we miss our dear departed, praying in a cemetery gives one a strong sense of hope and even joy. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I love the St. Joseph statue! That is a wonderful idea.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my husband who placed Saint Joseph there. I don't drive but I am a backseat driver :-(

      Delete
  4. "For my own children, that they may realize that their current duties as students is connected to their vocation later in life."

    AMEN!! I pray this constantly for our youngest son, DirtBike. His older siblings are all overachiever types, and he struggles so much with school.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! Maybe they just need to get over a hump, and when things are clearer to them, dedication and sense of duty will follow. Let us pray for each other's children and for their peers.

      God bless!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!

Popular posts from this blog

June Mapping

This is the first of my monthly mapping posts, which I explained here. I had wanted to post a May mapping, but... Well, now it's practically June, and I am so going to have a June mapping. For the sake of instilling organization and constancy in my crazy life, and hopefully, to prod others to have the same in their own lives (I can use the company), I hope this will be regular posting theme.

 In adoration
and in awe of a God who, in His generosity and kindness, blesses abundantly and overlooks that we hardly give Him anything in return, I chant with David:
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth!
When I look at thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars which thou hast established; what is man that thou art mindful of him, and the son of man that thou dost care for him?
Yet thou hast made him little less than God, and dost crown him with glory and honor. Thou has given dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet, all shee…

A House Repair Worksheet

Home repairs are like toothaches: the sooner that you do something about them, the better. Leaking faucets waste water and cost money. Sometimes, they even make sounds that seem to penetrate your skull. A loose doorknob is a security risk. A busted light bulb left un-replaced can cause physical injuries especially in hallways and staircases. It goes on.

The irony is that taking care of home repairs is not a pleasant task, especially if you are not a handyman. Or the hubby is not a handyman. Or nobody in the house is a handyman. So sometimes, the repairs grow lives of their own and -- voila! -- accumulate.

It's not too late for order, though, and order always helps. May I dare share with you a house repair worksheet that I put together in the name of order. It is in tabular form. The rows refer to the rooms or areas of the house where repair is needed, and the columns refer to the type of repair needed, namely, masonry, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.


If you prefer to do the …

April Mappings

In adoration
... and in full trust in his forgiveness, guidance, and providence, I join David -- he who sinned grievously, repented sincerely and completely, and from whose lineage the Savior was born, I revisit the most beautiful of psalms:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
~ Psalm 23 (RSV, Catholic Edition, Ignatius Press)

In contrition
April is devoted to the Holy Spirit, who came to the Apostles on the first Pentecost. I examine myself on how I have been usin…