29.1.13

Stay with Me, Lord

During a spiritually dark time in my life, I often repeated the words, "Stay with me, Lord. Stay with me, Lord."

Much later, I developed a devotion to Saint Pio of Pietrelcina and came across his prayer, Stay with Me, Lord. I immediately identified with the message of and pleas in the prayer. They belong to me, as they belong to many others who believe in the constant and omniscient love of God.




I share with you the lines that I treasure most.

Stay with me, Jesus, for it is getting late 
and the day is coming to a close, and life passes.
Death, judgment, and eternity approach.

It is necessary to renew my strength,
so that I will not stop along the way,
and for that, I need you.

It is getting late and death approaches,
I fear the darkness, the temptations, the dryness,
the cross, the sorrows. 

O how I need You, my Jesus, in this night of exile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!