2.5.13

{pretty, happy, funny, real}: Decluttering Finds, 2nd Edition

Capturing the Context of Contentment in Everyday Life ~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter


round button chicken



A decluttering find of late is a memory card with some precious photos. I share some with you :-)



{pretty}




The Sea.

An everywhere of silver,
With ropes of sand
To keep it from effacing
The track called land.
-  Emily Dickinson
          


{happy}




When you go ride,
Let me go run, 
You in the sun,
Me at your side...

...Let me do this,
Let me do that --
Where you are at,
That is my bliss.


Remembering Larky, Youngest Daughter's pet.



{funny}
 


What are you able to build with your blocks?
Castles and palaces, temples and docks.
Rain may keep raining, and others go roam,
But I can be happy and building at home.

~ from Block City by Robert Louis Stevenson
  


{real}


 

It is a truth universally acknowledged, 
that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
~ Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Second Daughter didn't really like the book, 
but conceded that literature is part of a real education.

 

Read more prettys, happys, funnys, and reals here.

 




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining! A fun round-up of photos and poetry and prose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly thrilled by your visit, Auntie Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures...I like the effects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually didn't realize that there is so much we can do with our photos. Could you tell that I was enjoying myself? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!