11.5.13

Word Problem Workout Sheet

I was going over our school papers and "stuff", and chanced on our word problem workout sheet. 

I used the form to introduce Only Son and Youngest Daughter to the sometimes confusing, sometimes exciting world of math word problems.

This is how it looks like:


The whole worksheet


The left side of the worksheet


The right side of the worksheet 


Not the clearest of photos, 'sorry about that.

These are the steps that I included in the workout sheet:


A. Given

    *

    *
    *
    *

B. Required/ What is asked for


C. Solution


    ~ Word sentence/ Equation


    ~ Computation


D. Final answer  



It may seem to take up so much space for just one problem, but I think it is helpful in teaching the child the steps to think through a word problem in an uncluttered manner. After he has acquired the discipline, he will be needing much less white space.

Just thought I'd share something that worked for us :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!