22.10.13

At the Appointed Time


Do you sometimes open your eyes in the morning and close them again three seconds after? I do. 

Sometimes it's because I stayed up late the night before and really need some more sleep.

Sometimes it's because it's a Saturday and Husband can take over the housework and the kids until around nine o'clock in the morning or the whole day, if I'm lucky. 

Sometimes it's because I am so overwhelmed with what I have to do that day, and the silly part of my brain thinks that I can sleep tasks away (of course I can't and I know that now). Just five minutes more and I'll be ready... maybe ten?

Sometimes it's because I just don't feel like rising and shining, and my children can go take care of themselves for just one day, and they can wake me up when they have prepared a gourmet meal for their mom. Just kidding. 

I wake up in the morning at the appointed time -- sometimes later, hardly ever earlier, but open my eyes, sit up, grope around for my glasses, and search yet again for my slippers, I so do. 


Image courtesy of AKARAKINGDOMS at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Because that's what moms do. And I'm happy to oblige.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!