13.11.13

My Week

Moments of Gratitude
I am thankful for
~ the health and safety of my family and loved ones.
~ a God who is all-knowing, all-loving, and all-merciful.
~ the Communion of Saints.
~ lunch with a dear friend from long ago.
~ unhurried breakfasts with the hubby. 


Praying for
~ My countrymen, especially the victims of Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda: for the repose of the souls of those who died and the well-being of those who survived
~ The relief workers and those in charge of relief operations
~ Those who generously prayed for and helped the typhoon victims in many ways
~ Those who have nobody to pray for them

Pondering 
~ Human suffering, love for neighbor, God's providential love, and how they thread together towards eternity
~ Why it makes sense for the practice of virtue to inconvenience him who aims to be virtuous 
~ On how much time, effort, and headache are saved the following morning just by completely clearing the study and dining tables the night before


In the Kitchen
I have been browsing the recipes in 1 Master Mix, 51 Muffins, and they seem to suit a non-gourmet and now-and-will-always-be amateur baker like me. I may be able to swing one or two recipes until the weekend, hmm.
Just thinkin'.


In the Schoolroom
We use a boxed homeschooling curriculum that pretty much suits our teacher and student types, but I am thinking that maybe I can venture into making a unit study on climate change, man and nature, disaster preparedness, and similar topics. It doesn't have to crowd out course plans on deck if we do the unit study over the Christmas break. 
Just thinkin'. 


Reading 
~ I Believe in One God: The Creed Explained, by Benedict XVI
~ Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House, by Cheryl Mendelson (the section on food)
~ Salvifici Doloris, Apostolic Letter of His Holiness Pope John Paul II on the Christian Meaning of Human Suffering


Captured



This post was originally linked with the Catholic Woman's Almanac, a Monday online linking activity started by Jenny who now blogs at The Littlest Way.


2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you Marcia. We have been praying you are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Jenny! I know I can always count on your prayers...

      Delete

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!