23.12.13

The Peace of Christmas Day


Dear Everyone,

I share with you excerpts from my all-time favorite song THE PEACE CAROL (written by Bob Beers).


The garment of life, be it tattered and torn
The cloak of the soldier is weathered and worn
But what Child is this that was poverty-born?
The peace of Christmas Day. 


Add all the grief that people may bear
Total the strife and the trouble and care
Put them in columns and leave them right there
The peace of Christmas Day.


The song clutched at my heart when I was in my teens, and it clutches at my heart still. (John Denver sang it with The Muppets :-)) 

To me, the messages and blessings of Christmas will always be hope, peace, and joy. And they endure -- across time, across peoples, and across all the troubles of mankind. 

Have a most blessed Christmas, dear friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!