21.1.14

My Week


Moments of Gratitude

I am thankful for
~ Sundays with extended family.
~ a good meal and having somebody else to wash the dishes after :-)
~ a very happy daughter who just got her driver's license.
~ washing machines and good weather for drying clothes.
~ cool breezes in the early morning.
~ coffee breaks with the hubby, which are opportunities for gathering my thoughts.
~ well-ventilated churches. 


Pondering

"When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among people,
To make music in the heart."


Praying for
I pray for courage and perseverance for myself and other moms, that we can dutifully commit to the the "work of Christmas" in our own homes, especially with our children: to take care of our children's physical well-being, nutrition, and health, to provide them with education that is solidly based on the truth, and to gently guide them to the path of faith. 
I pray for children all over the world who are abused, trafficked, and oppressed in many ways. I pray for children who never knew fun and and who do not come home to the loving arms of a family, children who do not know how to trust because they've been betrayed many times times.   


Liturgical Living
These ordinary times, it is good to get in touch with the saints individually, on their respective feast days. My circumstances do not make it feasible to read up on a saint a day, and really, I can get information overload, absorbing too many details... One or two saints a week should be manageable, though.
Today, January 21, is the Memorial of Saint Agnes, virgin and martyr. On Saturday, January 25, we celebrate the Conversion of Saint Paul, Apostle.  


In the School Front
We really need to re-claim a decent level of order and organization in the homeschool front. Math is moving well, though, no thanks to me :-(


Around the House
Monday found me overwhelmed with housework and with a daughter feeling unwell. I'm just so thankful that Eldest Daughter cleaned the house in the afternoon, Husband and Second Daughter helped with the dishes in the evening, and I, surely because of divine assistance, managed to do the laundry and actually finish folding them in the evening. 


In the Kitchen
Yes, we had lunch delivered and ate out for dinner yesterday. No, I am not proud of starting the week that way. 


Creating
Aha! No pictures now, but I managed to finish crocheting the edges of five petite table napkins.


Reading 
Mostly cookbooks. My kitchen is on red alert. I have to start producing healthy and regular meals very soon. Like today.


Wandering Around the Web
Check out Rhonda's encouraging, c'mon-you-can-do-this post on tea towels: 
Old-Fashioned Tea Towels in If You Do Stuff, Stuff Gets Done
Maybe - and logic is on its side - if I have an organized, well-stocked, and attractive cleaning caddy greeting me at the start of the day, cleaning will be more efficient, faster, and pleasurable: 
Create Your Own Cleaning Caddy in Homemaker's Challenge, and 
Putting Together a Green Cleaning Caddy in Green Your Way {intentional and creative living}  


"Captured" is not the appropriate term because my daughters staged this :-)



5 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia. It happens...it, being life. Don't beat yourself up for anything. You did want you could and let others, even a restaurant, do the rest. God is good that He provided the means for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement and reminder, Jenny. Yes, I overlooked the fact that the Lord provided resources for a restaurant meal, and I should have been thankful. Ah, being in a cyberspace community like Plain Grace is one of life's blessings indeed!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've got some pretty great daughters - helpful and wicked funny too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anna, they are useful around the house in several ways :-)

      Delete
  3. From where I sit, you are always doing! I love that about your posts.
    Great ideas, etc. Ordering a meal is ok now and then, right?! A nice treat.
    You are blessed my far-away friend.
    That Kitty is pretty. haha
    Blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!