24.3.14

My Week

 
Moments of Gratitude

I am grateful for

~ my exercise bike: it patiently and quietly sits there, waiting for me to use it.
~ my rocking chair: it's where I take short breaks and/or do a lot of thinking.
~ my sewing kit: somehow, I have managed to keep it in reasonably good order; when my sewing corner becomes too disorganized, I pretend that my sewing kit is my sewing corner. 

Pondering on 

... stewardship and accountability before my God:

"So teach us to number our days,
That we may get a heart of wisdom."

~ Psalms 90:12


Praying for

~ those who are ill, especially those who are gravely ill.
~ those who cannot afford even primary health care,
~ those who have to die from easily preventable and treatable diseases,
~ doctors, nurses, and other workers in the medical and allied medical professions, and
~ primary caregivers in families with sick members.


Liturgical Living 

I am one who needs a lot of encouragement be able to stick to my resolutions. When the third week of Lent was approaching, my resolve was bolstered by St. Josemaria and St. Therese.

How is your Lent coming along?     


Reading

In Conversation with God, Volume 2: Lent and Eastertide by Francis Fernandez
~ The Story of a Soul by Saint Therese of Lisieux
Gear for Your Kitchen by Alton Brown 


In the School Front

We did go through with the trip to a science museum, as I had mentioned here (In the School Front), and that should merit a separate post. We went with another homeschooling family, and had the happy opportunity to catch up with each other and plan our next trips!

I should just briefly mention here, though, that I was pleasantly surprised with Second Daughter's emerging teacher skills. I was insisting that Youngest Daughter, who is 11, and her 8-year old cousin, go through each and every exhibit and read all explanations down to the last period. Second Daughter took me aside and reminded me gently that we could do that on the next visit. "Let's just work on appreciation and enjoyment on this first visit," my sage advised. And so we did.  


Around the House

I just had the house professionally cleaned and renovated by a top designer. It is immaculate, spic and span, and definitely picture perfect. A house design magazine has just asked permission to feature our house in their next issue.

JUST KIDDING :-)


In the Kitchen

It just occurred to me that this Lent, I should add at least one fish/ seafood dish to my miserably modest kitchen repertoire. I don't want to be ambitious, that's for sure. The kitchen is not a place where I shine.

My recipe of choice is Milkfish with Tomatoes and Black Beans (Bangus sa Tausi) from Lalaine's Kawaling Pinoy. I remember my aunt serving that dish when I was vacationing with them, and many years hence, I still remember enjoying the sour-sweet-salty blend of the sauce and the soft texture of the fish.

Well, let's see how the recipe will turn out in MY kitchen...


Creating

Hmm... I am shamefully behind my Lenten sewing plans, and I putting that down here so I can be more dutiful about them and report some progress next week.   


Looking Ahead

... to the week after Holy Week. The hubby promised he will avail of his vacation leave then. Let's see :-) 
 

Captured

A big small shoe we chanced on while visiting a neighboring city.


2 comments:

  1. I love the comment about your exercise bike! It puts it in a whole new perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I should reciprocate its patience and use it. Also as part of my Lenten sacrifice :-)

      Delete

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!