11.4.14

How Do You Want Your Joy?


How do I want my joy, you ask?
Do I want my joy 
bubbly and alive,
running and jumping everywhere,
asking why, why. and why,
giggling, laughing, making faces,
and if I am lucky,
hugging me and swearing
it hearts me?
Yes, I want my joy
that way, please.

How do I want my joy, you ask?
Do I want my joy
quiet and reflective,
never having its fill of books,
purposefully living the day,
pondering, tinkering, journaling,
always in a tireless quest,
in a huddle with kindred spirits,
and if it chances me by
quizzing me and asking what I think?
Yes, I want my joy
that way, please.

How do I want my joy, you ask?
Do I want my joy
in bundles of surprises
and strings of fun,
the bright sun after yesterday's clouds
a beloved puppy with adoring eyes
a Sunday meal shared
with family and friends
a scrapbook of photos from a happy time
reminders of promises
made and kept and treasured
over many, many years?
Yes, I want my joy
that way, please.


How do I want my joy, you ask?
Do I want my joy
predictable and stable,
serious and constant,
a real and warm presence
amidst cold and digitally defined spaces,
always waiting,
hardly imposing,
and should I,
not by happenstance, glance its way
will have me entranced
and wanting to stay
and never leave? 
Yes, I want my joy
that way, please.


How do I want my joy,
you ask?
I want my joy
in all those ways, please.
And
thank
you!


This was written for the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!