9.4.14

Of Heroes and Husbands


Some heroes are publicly heralded, and rightly so, especially if their heroism turned around a nation's destiny. Some heroes are just quietly recognized and only by a handful of people at that. That's just fine, too, because the essence of heroism is not in its magnitude across geography or time. The essence of heroism is in the heart of the hero.

Some husbands make a fiesta of date nights, anniversaries, and trips with the wife. Some are more quiet and simple, dutifully reporting each day for hubby duties. Sometimes one wonders if he actually clocks out. A husband can actually be either or both. Whichever way, a good husband also makes a good father, but that's for another post.  

There are heroes, and there are husbands.

I have both in one person.

And now, I'm off to spend the day with him.


This post was written for the Blogging from a to Z Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet to put hero and husband together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by! Yup, they deserve some good words now and then :-)

      Delete
  2. Aw, that's so sweet! My husband has his hero moments, that's for sure, and I hope I have some sometime too!

    ReplyDelete

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!