26.12.14

On the First Day Christmas

December 25
Solemnity of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, I attended the Christmas morning Mass with my family, and felt thankful for being born into the Catholic faith and in a predominantly Catholic country. There we were in Husband's hometown, in a big standing room-only church full of entire families, many of them with toddlers and even babies. It was simple and peaceful, and I doubt if anybody -- even the tired and sleepy parents -- would have preferred to be elsewhere. 

Image courtesy of Sura Nualpradid 
at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
On the first day of Christmas, we traveled to the sea, where the quiet that eluded us in the city was finally had. The athlete and fun lover in the family, born to us 19 Christmas Days ago, begged me to swim with them. I must admit that giving up the beach chair and a book was worth it! As climate change would have it, December and Christmas Day came with some rains.  Well, we were already wet!

On the first day of Christmas, I thought about everyday things, like family and meals, and wondered how we would get all the beach items washed when we get home. I thought about not-so-everyday things, too, like, well... the future. I reminded myself that I should prayerfully revisit the link between Christmas and the future in the coming days of Christmas.

On the first day of Christmas, I slept knowing that all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!