1.1.15

On the Sixth Day of Christmas

December 30

On the sixth day of Christmas, we planned an out-of-town trip to visit a dear friend who lives by herself. She was my roommate in college, and my children love her. 

The car stalled. 

We called off the trip. 

I texted my friend to let her know that she won't be seeing us that day.

I have been blessed with this gift of being accepting and unquestioning in the midst of disappointments. Generally. I can ride the waves and roll with the punches, as the cliches put it. Generally.

But sometimes bungled plans disappoint me, too. Very much. Like on the sixth day of Christmas. 

Then Husband got the car fixed, and that is good. It didn't cost much, and that is good, too. And while we didn't make the planned trip that day, schedules were easily eased to allow the trip on the second day of the New Year. Yup, that is good, too.

I don't even remember very well  what I did the rest of the day, except that we had a satisfying pizza meal (no cooking), I took an extended siesta (no work, it was a national holiday), and the kids and I lounged around the house rather aimlessly. 

My body was rested, my mind cleared, and I enjoyed just being at home.  

Those are all good, too, no?

And I wasn't disappointed anymore.

I share with you a photo unrelated to my post. This is the Convent of San Isidro Labrador
in the municipality of Lazi, in the island province of Siquijor, in central Philippines.
The convent is 124 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!