Skip to main content

Plans Are Nice Things to Have

Plans are nice things to have. You search the Internet and in five minutes or less, you can get vertigo from the huge number of permutations and combinations of planner configurations, styles, and content. You may take my word for it or wholeheartedly agree with me because you have experienced it yourself.

Not to put down the planning experts because I truly admire them, and wish that I have a small measure of their efficiency and sense of organization.

My problem with planning is that I get stuck with the plans. Well, in my defense, that's not always the sad outcome. But yes, I have gotten stuck many times. Stuck in the implementation and monitoring and evaluation, in the jargon of project managers.

I also get stuck because of rambling, so I will make my points quickly now.

I think that if I am sensible enough to make plans, I should also have the matching determination to make them work. And they will not work if I don't follow them daily. doggedly. resolutely.

I think daily living plans cannot be perfect, so it does not make sense to spend precious time perfecting them. Revisions can be made in the course of implementation when warranted. I am trying to sound like a manager, which I am not. What I really want to say is that there are plans and there are plans that don't work and you don't have to be enslaved by them. Innovate. Make things up as you go along. Am I rambling again?

And at all times, bar none, it makes for good planning to plan only to rely on the Greatest of Plans, which was crafted most lovingly by the Perfect and Most Benevolent Planner. Hundreds of years ago, a holy and pure lady was asked by an angel if she would do this. The rest is the best part of salvation history.

A note on the photos: Both photos show sections of Communion rails, the first one at the Basilica Minore de Santo Nino de Cebu, and the next  at the Saint Pedro Calungsod Shrine. Early this year, I planned to visit my sister who lives several islands away. Then away I went, and took these photos on the side. 

Comments

  1. I agree.
    The more I plan, the less likely I am to do.
    I make a list.
    I have a schedule.
    We plan our school.
    But plans change. It is the way life is.
    That can be stressful for some.
    I read one blogger who was going to theme out her summer. THEME? My theme is pretend to relax. HAHA
    Blessings Dear.
    I am glad to see you blogging.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the affirmation, Em!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!

Popular posts from this blog

June Mapping

This is the first of my monthly mapping posts, which I explained here. I had wanted to post a May mapping, but... Well, now it's practically June, and I am so going to have a June mapping. For the sake of instilling organization and constancy in my crazy life, and hopefully, to prod others to have the same in their own lives (I can use the company), I hope this will be regular posting theme.

 In adoration
and in awe of a God who, in His generosity and kindness, blesses abundantly and overlooks that we hardly give Him anything in return, I chant with David:
O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth!
When I look at thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars which thou hast established; what is man that thou art mindful of him, and the son of man that thou dost care for him?
Yet thou hast made him little less than God, and dost crown him with glory and honor. Thou has given dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet, all shee…

A House Repair Worksheet

Home repairs are like toothaches: the sooner that you do something about them, the better. Leaking faucets waste water and cost money. Sometimes, they even make sounds that seem to penetrate your skull. A loose doorknob is a security risk. A busted light bulb left un-replaced can cause physical injuries especially in hallways and staircases. It goes on.

The irony is that taking care of home repairs is not a pleasant task, especially if you are not a handyman. Or the hubby is not a handyman. Or nobody in the house is a handyman. So sometimes, the repairs grow lives of their own and -- voila! -- accumulate.

It's not too late for order, though, and order always helps. May I dare share with you a house repair worksheet that I put together in the name of order. It is in tabular form. The rows refer to the rooms or areas of the house where repair is needed, and the columns refer to the type of repair needed, namely, masonry, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.


If you prefer to do the …

April Mappings

In adoration
... and in full trust in his forgiveness, guidance, and providence, I join David -- he who sinned grievously, repented sincerely and completely, and from whose lineage the Savior was born, I revisit the most beautiful of psalms:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters; He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
~ Psalm 23 (RSV, Catholic Edition, Ignatius Press)

In contrition
April is devoted to the Holy Spirit, who came to the Apostles on the first Pentecost. I examine myself on how I have been usin…