10.8.15

My Week

I haven't done a daybook post in months! Maybe a year? I would want to link this daybook, but I am not sure where; it has really been a while! I guess I'll find out soon enough. I miss linkies and my blogging friends. Let's see how this new attempt goes...

In adoration,
I reflect on our Lord's love and providence:
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, 
nor angels, nor principalities, 
nor things present, nor things to come, 
or powers, 
nor height, nor depth, 
nor anything else in all creation, 
will be able to separate us from the love of God 
in Christ Jesus or Lord.  ~ Romans 8:39 

In contrition,
I examine myself on humility in prayer. In section 2559 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, we are reminded: "... humility is the foundation of prayer. Only when we humbly acknowledge that 'we do not know how to pray as we ought,' are we ready to receive freely the gift of prayer."

In thanksgiving, 
I remember these blessings:
~ a loving family
~ occasional household help (!)
~ my small means of livelihood that comes with flexible hours
~ reasonable protection amidst the rainy, rainy season





In supplication, 
I think of God's greater family and join the Pope Francis in his prayer intentions for August 2015:

Universal: Volunteers - that volunteers may give themselves generously to the service of the needy.

Evangelization: Outreach to the marginalized - that setting aside ourselves, we may learn to be neighbors to those who find themselves on the margins of human life and society.

I also remember those who have nobody to pray for them.

Never say die (a.k.a. Around the house)
If goals are kept simple, they are more likely to be achieved :-). My singular goal for this week is to clear my desk of books and documents that are not in my "active file". It's amazing how a small space can be filled up horizontally and vertically in such a short period of time. What is even more amazing is that there is just one me fillin' it up!

Never ever say die (a.k.a. Around the kitchen
Same contention, ha! The singular goal is to draw up a list of pantry staples following a simple classification system.

Primary educator, always
Eldest Daughter - finally get a copy of her class schedule in the university this semester, just so I can track her comings and goings
Second Daughter - check History and Theology submissions (!!)
Only Son - help him plan his review for his first trimester exam
Youngest Daughter - get her to be more interested in reading saint books, especially those on deck (Saint Dominic and Saint Maximilian Kolbe)

Tackling the book hoard and bookmarks
If you are like me, you have a very long list of bookmarks that you have accumulated in the course of your Internet browsing. Some bookmarks, I have chucked to category folders, and some remain strewn about. And then, of course, there is the book hoard from my beloved second-hand bookstores. So... here the week's targets (bookmarks only, we'll get to the book hoard some time in the future):

~ Gapfinder: A Fact-Based Worldview
~ How to Make a One-Pot Herb Garden

Do any of those interest you? Let's compare notes!

Liturgical living and devotions
Saint Clare of Assisi's feastday falls on Tuesday, April 11. Our homeschool patron Saint Maximilian Kolbe's feastday falls on August 14, and the Solemnity of the Assumption falls on the next day.

How do you celebrate the Solemnity of the Assumption? I would love to know!

Have a good week, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!