13.9.15

My Week

In adoration,
I praise the Lord for His infinite generosity and patience. Together with the psalmist, I hope to keep meditating on that generosity and that patience this week.

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands! 
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

Know that the Lord is God!
It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!

For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations. 

~ Psalm 100 

In contrition,
I examine myself on the virtue of prudence. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, "(p)rudence disposes the practical reason to discern, in every circumstance, our true good and to choose the right means for achieving it."

Honestly, I have difficulty understanding prudence outside of the topic of practical matters. I can understand, for example: "As a prudent housewife, she kept finances under control." Or "Prudent managers take business plans seriously." However, I need to dig deeper on prudence as a virtue, or prudence in the context of morals.

Father John Hardon, S.J. said that prudence is a virtue of the mind and that it guides all other virtues. That must be a good start. I do feel prompted to do a self-examination on the virtues, but that would difficult without reasonably good knowledge of the virtues.

If you feel compelled to enlighten me, please do so!

In thanksgiving, 
I treasure the sense of order that the Lord has renewed in me. I used to be a rather organized person, but as they say, life got in the way. The lame excuse actually made good copy, and I just kept on using it. One disorganization fed on another, so you know what the result is.

I do not remember the exact moment when He convinced me that I have to start putting things together again, but yes, I got the general idea. And I am just so thankful.

In supplication, 
I remember the intentions of the Holy Father for the month of September (which is almost halfway through):

Universal intention - that opportunities for education and employment may increase for all young people.

Evangelization intention - that catechists may give witness by living in a way consistent with the faith they proclaim.


Never say die (a.k.a. Around the house)
Two mini-projects this week. Nothing heroic.
~ Organize two drawers of school and office supplies that are used daily
~ Replace batteries of the thermometer, blood pressure thingy, and phone handset.

Never ever say die (a.k.a. Around the kitchen
I want (need) to set up a breakfast buffet table so that folks in a hurry can help themselves then go. It has to be a no-cook selection because I am batting for success here: two kinds of cereals, two kinds of bread, butter, jam, cheese, fruits, instant coffee, and juice. There. I am not running a hotel here, you see. Good nutrition delivered pronto is still good!

Primary educator, always
We need to do better work in science and history in the homeschool. That's all I'm going to say. :-(

Tackling the book hoard and bookmarks
No time for these this week. Re-read three lines up. But. I am looking forward to Youngest Daughter and I reading her science book together. And maybe memorizing the map of Asia? That might be a stretch.  I don't want to over-plan :-)

Liturgical living and devotions
The Exaltation of the Holy Cross falls on Tuesday, September 14. In the recollection that I attended yesterday, the priest said that prior to Vatican II, the Finding of the Cross was commemorated in May, making the Finding and the Exaltation like twin feasts, I guess. He also said that when we find our cross, we should consciously take it on and love it because it is our way to the Father. Then the Exaltation naturally follows.

The Memorial for Our Lady of Sorrows falls on Wednesday, September 15. I am praying that I will have the resolve to do something extra on this day by reflecting on the Seven Sorrows of Mary.




Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!