18.1.16

A Doable Reading Record for 2016


I am going to enjoy my reading this year. I will not inflict myself with an unreasonable reading plan that burdens me as the year progresses because of my inability to cover as many books as I had planned. No more fussy planning. I will still make sure that I have the following book types covered, though:

~ fiction, 
~ non-fiction, 
~ books on education, and
~ books for spiritual reading.

I will choose the books as I go along. That's it. 

For documentation purposes (ha!), I will keep a reading record. The record will contain book details (title and author mainly) and some of my notes, e.g., require for literature class, buy your own copy. 

Then maybe someday my children will go over my "stuff" and see my reading record and tell their own children that Lola (grandmother) read until she was blind. Or something like that. 

For now, I will just read, learn, and have fun. Isn't that the idea?

You are most welcome to check out my reading record here and here, and maybe use them for keeping a record of your own reading. The first link has the book type column headings filled in, while the second link leaves them blank.


Here's to reading and its joys!

Bronze young girl reading CdM Paris
By English: Unknown Fran├žais : 
Anonyme (Marie-Lan Nguyen (User:Jastrow), 2008-04-11) 
[CC BY 2.5 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5)], 
via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!