11.2.16

{pretty, happy, funny, real}: Rediscoveries



Our Blessed Mother, patroness of those with bodily ills, please intercede to God for our needs. 

~~~   ~~~   ~~~

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday, at Like Mother, Like Daughter!

Finding myself in an impulsive decluttering moment, I chanced on two precious finds, "rediscoveries", if you will.

{pretty, happy}

Planning folders! You have to know Dawn's file crate system. Well, I am a fan of that system, except that I have yet to say that I actually did make the system work for an ENTIRE year. Never say die, though, especially when you happily rediscover that you still have many of those pretty folders! 






{funny, real}

A friend had sent me a link to the Seventeenth Century Nun's Prayer, author unknown. (The article refers back to this blog post.)

Being affected so (a hint about my age), I printed the prayer and even found an old but suitable frame for it. Not knowing where to display the frame, I stored it in a drawer with the mental note that it should find a place in my workstation when I shall have organized the area. You should know what subsequently happened, or did not happen, if you are familiar with the fate of mental notes.

Well, you may have guessed, too, that I have unearthed the frame because I am writing this post now :-). Before we totally gloss over substance, read the prayer here or here. Like me, have a few laughs, then in the privacy of your room, think about it some more (especially if you are my age). 




Here are my favorite lines:

"Keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on 
every occasion. Release me from the craving to straighten out everybody's affairs. 
Make me thoughtful, but not moody. Helpful, but not bossy."

"Keep me reasonably sweet. I do not want to be a saint -- some of them are so hard to live with. But a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the devil."


I hope you are having great week! Thanks for dropping by!
Head over to Like Mother, Like Daughter to see other {p,h,f,r} goings-on :-).

8 comments:

  1. The prayer is GREAT! Visiting over from PHFR. I am unfamiliar with the system, but I love your diamond colored folders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it pays to review our ways as we get older :-). Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I too, need to print that prayer. Sigh.
    And yay for decluttering. After All, it's Lent. Shall we all declutter in earnest?!
    Blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, realistic prayer that looks like. Thanks for sharing - going to check it out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Laura! And thank you, too, for sharing your family's happy moments in your blog. There's more than a spoonful of joy there!

      Delete
  4. The paper you have is so pretty! Thank you too for sharing the prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, Stephanie! Nice paper/folders help some when the going gets tough :-)

      Delete

I get so thrilled when you visit! Please tell me how it was like!